Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diagonal Slate and Gold Mani



I'm starting off the blog with a Diagonal Slate and Gold Mani that I did. I had seen some lovely diagonal tape manis on Nailside that I've really been wanting to try. See a picture of the mani from Nailside below:





I prefer neutral nail colors like gray, taupe, brown, and nude shades, but it's fun to jazz them up with a little sparkle.

I apologize for the quality of the photos, photographing for blogs is something I'm trying for the first time and I think it will take some trial and error before it looks as professional as the other blogs.






This mani was done using Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Slick Slate and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I. I used CND Stickey as a base coat then applies two coats of the Slick Slate. Ater it was dry I applied tape diagonally to the bottom half of my nail leaving the upper half exposed, then painted one coat of the Golden-I, removing the tape carefully immediately after painting each coat, while the polish was still wet. I finished with OPI's top coat.


Verdict: Mission Successful. Cute, fun, easy mani and I think my nails look a little blinged-out. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment