Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Nails

Happy Valentine's Day!

All I wanted this Valentine's Day was chocolate. I wanted to keep it simple, make it easy for the BF. I told him weeks in advance, and I reminded him exactly where Godiva was located in case he forgot. All my efforts were rewarded when I came home to find this lovely heart-shaped box of chocolate pictured below. (We celebrated a night early since the BF is travelling for work today.)

I thought I'd do a special Valentine's mani with a white base and a topcoat of pink foil hearts and silver microglitter. I think it's ok, not one of my favorites, white polish is always tough to pull off, you've got to do a perfect job or every little imperfection shows up.


I was inspired to do this mani when I came across this bottle of Nicole Have a Heart by OPI polish at my local Wal-Mart pictured below. I thought is was just the prettiest thing and looked like candy. Unfortunately, this polish just doesn't contain enough glitter or hearts. It was a lot of work to fish out each little heart and place it on my nails. In fact, one of my coworkers was asking me to borrow a topcoat for her mani, I gave her this to use, and she painted all ten nails and didn't get a single heart on the brush.


I used two coats of this Sinful Colors Snow Me White as a base. As I said, I'm not crazy about white polish, but this one was ok.


This mani was fun, but I'm way more excited about the chocolates. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your someone special, and if you're on your own this Valentine's, treat yourself to something that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment